a small unlined shoulder bag, cut from a butter soft 2.3mm vegetable tanned culatta leather, with a visible layer of subdermal cordovan. the matte black leather features an array of grain and scarring to give some depth to the bag. culatta is a special cut combined of the rear just above the cordovan, the belly middles and the hind shanks, offering a dense structure, tight grain and firm temper.
the leather shoulder bag features overlocked hand stitched sides in a tonal 0.9mm hand waxed Japanese linen thread, deconstructed side panels with our unique lock stitch construction and our signature iron lock key closure to the front. an array of interior pockets accommodate your phone, credit cards and other accessories, and is complimented by a hand sewn detachable and adjustable double layered leather shoulder strap. custom iron hardware hardware sits in juxtaposition to the geometric body of the bag and the custom hand forged burnt bronze zipper pull on the interior pocket.
a large iron hook allows for the strap to be adjusted, and along with the strap rings and lock key closure, they are covered in a layer of forge scale that will slowly flake away over time, ensuring a constant evolution of the hardware, creating an array of rusted nuances that will in turn react with the leathers vegetable tannins. each piece comes in a hand made calf leather package.
- body: 2.3mm culatta leather
- strap: 2.3mm culatta leather
- hardware: wrought iron
- zipper pull: burnt bronze
- width: 20cm, height: 20cm, depth: 10cm, shoulder strap: 160cm (adjustable)
- culatta leather shoulder bag
- wrought iron hardware
- multiple interior pockets
- deconstructed side panel
- overlock stitching
- hand waxed 0.9mm japanese linen thread
- raw leather interior
- signature iron key closure
- burnt bronze custom zipper pull
- entirely hand stitched over 25hrs
- corroded swivel clips
- comes with handmade leather packaging
due to the hand made nature of this product, inconsistencies are expected and revered in relation to the product images
this particular piece is individually handmade in UK. please allow up to 4 business days 'production' time. timescales may vary during busy periods.
care & maintenance
- use and abuse me
- do not be gentle
- detergents should not be used to remove stains.
applying protective cream:
- apply a thin coat of the cream on a soft and clean cotton cloth
- spread it evenly in a circular motion over the surface of the leather
- if the leather is extremely dry – repeat the process up to two times within four hours
- the protective cream provides a shine and also gently darkens the leather
- do not apply the cream directly on the leather