hand dyed portrait cardholder
a minimal portrait cardholder, hand cut and from a soft tumbled 2.3mm vegetable tanned horse shoulder. the leather has undergone a 72hour dyeing process, first it has been cold soaked for 5 minutes. while the leather is still wet it is hand dyed with a water based dye and then finished off with an iron dye to the reverse creating a bleed aesthetic to the topside. the cardholder features overlocked hand stitched sides using hand waxed 0.7mm linen thread. the compact wallet holds up to 12 cards as well as folded notes. each piece comes in a handmade cow leather pouch.
size: width: 7cm, height: 8.5cm, depth: 1cm
- leather cardholder
- minimal silhouette
- overlocked stitch construction
- 72hour dye process
- 0.7mm hand waxed linen thread
- holds up to 12 cards
- single piece pattern
- entirely handmade
- handmade leather packaging
due to the hand dyed treatment of this product, inconsistencies are expected and revered in relation to the product images
this particular piece is individually handmade in UK. please allow up to 4 business days 'production' time. timescales may vary during busy periods.
- body: 2.3mm horse shoulder
- hand waxed 0.7mm linen thread.
- use and abuse me
- do not be gentle
- detergents should not be used to remove stains.
applying protective cream:
- apply a thin coat of the cream on a soft and clean cotton cloth
- spread it evenly in a circular motion over the surface of the leather
- if the leather is extremely dry – repeat the process up to two times within four hours
- the protective cream provides a shine and also gently darkens the leather
- do not apply the cream directly on the leather