an unstructured angular handbag, cut from a butter soft 2.3mm vegetable tanned culatta leather, with a visible layer of subdermal cordovan. the matte black leather features an array of grain and scarring to give some depth to the bag enhanced by the artisanal dye treatment. culatta is a special cut combined of the rear just above the cordovan, the belly middles and the hind shanks, offering a dense structure, tight grain and firm temper.
the unlined leather handbag features overlocked hand stitched sides in a 0.9mm hand waxed Japanese linen thread, with deconstructed side panels hand sewn with our iteration of the overlock stitch construction. our signature iron lock key closure takes centre stage to the front. soft 2.8mm culatta leather straps echo the angular form of the body and are complimented by a detachable leather pouch in a piece pattern that sits at the front of the bag with a corroded hook and custom .925 oxidised sterling silver tab. each piece comes in a hand made calf leather package.
- body: 2.3mm culatta leather
- strap: 2.8mm culatta leather
- hardware: wrought iron
- hardware: .925 sterling silver
- width: 30cm, height: 20cm, depth: 6cm.
- culatta leather hand bag
- wrought iron hardware
- detachable leather pouch
- deconstructed side panel
- overlock stitching
- hand waxed 0.9mm japanese linen thread
- corroded hardware
- signature iron key closure
- oxidised .925 silver tab
- entirely hand stitched over 19hrs
- comes with handmade leather packaging
due to the hand made nature of this product, inconsistencies are expected and revered in relation to the product images
this particular piece is individually handmade in UK. please allow up to 5 business days 'production' time. timescales may vary during busy periods.
care & maintenance
- use and abuse me
- do not be gentle
- detergents should not be used to remove stains.
applying protective cream:
- apply a thin coat of the cream on a soft and clean cotton cloth
- spread it evenly in a circular motion over the surface of the leather
- if the leather is extremely dry – repeat the process up to two times within four hours
- the protective cream provides a shine and also gently darkens the leather
- do not apply the cream directly on the leather